ITIL® 4 is built on the established core of best practice in the ITIL® guidance. ITIL® 4 provides a practical and flexible approach to move to the new world of digital transformation and embrace an end-to-end operating model for the delivery and operation of products and services. ITIL® 4 also provides a holistic end-to-end picture that integrates frameworks such as Lean IT, Agile, and DevOps.
The ITIL® (4) Foundation “Pro” is a 4-day classroom room based on the exam specifications specified by AXELOS for the ITIL® (4) Foundation certification. The fundamental objective of this course is to help the participants understand the key concepts of service management and the ITIL® 4 service management framework and prepare for the ITIL® (4) Foundation exam. In addition, the “Pro” edition offers a rich learning experience that helps the participants relate ITIL® to their own work environment. The course includes a case study (based on a fictitious organization, ‘Axle Car Hire’) that will help the participants understand and experience the ITIL® guiding principles, service value, practices through real-world challenges and opportunities. The rich learning experience is supported by additional learning tools such as pre-course reading materials, post-course reading material, and a set of quick reference cards.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts of ITIL® service management.
- Understand how ITIL® guiding principles can help an organization to adopt and adapt ITIL® service management.
- Understand the four dimensions of ITIL® service management.
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL® service value system, and activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect.
- Understand the key concepts of continual improvement.
- Learn the various ITIL® practices and how they contribute to value chain activities.
The ITIL® (4) Foundation course fundamentally targets the participants in the IT and business domains who wish to take first steps in service management or who are familiar with earlier versions of ITIL® and/or other sources of industry best practice and wish to learn about ITIL® 4. This course and the related certification can be beneficial for the following roles:
- IT Support Staff
- IT Consultants
- Business Managers
- Business Process Owners
- IT Developers
- Service Providers
- System Integrators
- Anyone working in a Devops team
None, although a familiarity with IT service delivery will be beneficial.